I’ve been having issues with installing my gtx670’s drivers on ubuntu 12.10. I removed windows7 ultimate on this computer and decided to use Ubuntu as a main OS on it.
I tried the following but it failed:
1- sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
2- sudo apt-get update
3- sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-settings
I even tried:
- sudo apt-get install linux-source
- sudo apt-get install linux
- sudo apt-get autoremove nvidia-current
- sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-video-all
- sudo apt-add-repository ppa:noobslab/nvidia-quantal
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
- sudo reboot
Now, what exactly fails is that the screen becomes 800x600 with nothing on it; just a blank screen with the wallpaper on. what I do is that I run the terminal using its shortcut and remove the drivers, and “sudo reboot” my pc.
Thanks in advance :)