nVidia Healthmon Cluster Management Tools!

I just saw a GTC2010 presentation on GPU Cluster management.

There is a talk about a tool called “NVIDIA Healthmon” – looks like a close cousin of nvidia-smi

Can some1 tell me

1. Is nvidia-healthmon available for download? Will it be bundled with CUDA 3.2?
  2. NVML – Any roadmap?
  3. Will these tools (including nvidia-smi) work with non-tesla cards? (for which we need the most)

Thanks,
BEst REgards,
Sarnath

I just saw a GTC2010 presentation on GPU Cluster management.

There is a talk about a tool called “NVIDIA Healthmon” – looks like a close cousin of nvidia-smi

Can some1 tell me

1. Is nvidia-healthmon available for download? Will it be bundled with CUDA 3.2?
  2. NVML – Any roadmap?
  3. Will these tools (including nvidia-smi) work with non-tesla cards? (for which we need the most)

Thanks,
BEst REgards,
Sarnath

Up above the Forum so high…
To get the attention of NVIDIA, so nice…

Up above the Forum so high…
To get the attention of NVIDIA, so nice…

Up…So High,
To catch your eye,
I type these letters,
With eagerness in my mind,
To know what is in your mind,
O… My NVIDIA Brother,
Please be Kind…

Up…So High,
To catch your eye,
I type these letters,
With eagerness in my mind,
To know what is in your mind,
O… My NVIDIA Brother,
Please be Kind…

The Sun Rose in the West (Europe, Americas),
The Sun Rose in the East (Asia Pacific),
And Yet,
This thread lies here…barren,
Waiting for a knowledge baron,

Will you be the one?

The Sun Rose in the West (Europe, Americas),
The Sun Rose in the East (Asia Pacific),
And Yet,
This thread lies here…barren,
Waiting for a knowledge baron,

Will you be the one?

Let’s see, since I wrote healthmon and I designed the NVML API…

1. I think it’s in private beta now. Not available for general download.
  2. Public release is first half of next year. Basically all the functionality of nvidia-smi in delightful API form.
  3. Somewhat? Basic functionality will probably work. More advanced functionality (especially diagnostic functionality) that is dependent on some Tesla features won’t work on GeForce. Temperature monitoring might not work as well, all sorts of stuff like that. The GeForce board and the Tesla board are physically very different, and we have a lot of sensors and such on the Tesla that we don’t have on the GeForce.

Basically improved management/diagnostic capabilities are part of why Tesla costs more money.

Let’s see, since I wrote healthmon and I designed the NVML API…

1. I think it’s in private beta now. Not available for general download.
  2. Public release is first half of next year. Basically all the functionality of nvidia-smi in delightful API form.
  3. Somewhat? Basic functionality will probably work. More advanced functionality (especially diagnostic functionality) that is dependent on some Tesla features won’t work on GeForce. Temperature monitoring might not work as well, all sorts of stuff like that. The GeForce board and the Tesla board are physically very different, and we have a lot of sensors and such on the Tesla that we don’t have on the GeForce.

Basically improved management/diagnostic capabilities are part of why Tesla costs more money.

Vow! This is great! This is a much needed one for GPGPU! Congratulations!

Thanks for all the info. Good to know atleast basic features will work on GeForce.

In any case, we don’t recommed Geforce for production. Always TESLA.

ok…I think I should conclude this thread with a rhyme… So, Here we go…(No offence please…Just in light vein… Thanks!)

Hurray! Hurray! The sun is shining today!

I got my answer to the riddle, (Sing it like “We laugh n Talk n Sing n Dance n”)

Thanks to Tmurray!

Vow! This is great! This is a much needed one for GPGPU! Congratulations!

Thanks for all the info. Good to know atleast basic features will work on GeForce.

In any case, we don’t recommed Geforce for production. Always TESLA.

ok…I think I should conclude this thread with a rhyme… So, Here we go…(No offence please…Just in light vein… Thanks!)

Hurray! Hurray! The sun is shining today!

I got my answer to the riddle, (Sing it like “We laugh n Talk n Sing n Dance n”)

Thanks to Tmurray!

Any news regarding the release of healthmon? Is it available in beta somewhere?
I saw nothing on nvdeveloper.nvidia.com
Thanks