Nvidia jetson nano freezes at nvidia logo screen?

jetson-nano-jp461-sd-card-image

this is the jetpack i am using on my sd card, downloaded from this nvidia page

I tried a grade A quality sd card, it worked fine initially but lots of bugs, hence shifted to genuine original sd cards bugs disapperared but this issue creeped in

Will try someother card and also update, but it would work for first 4 or 5 days without any issue for sure, so I can reply only after few days actually

Sure. Please take your time.

Also, I am not sure why using grade A quality sdcard will lead to “lots of bugs”. Maybe you should share that error log too.

today I tried my previous tested way of flashing my sd card with jetpack and going ahead with fresh installation, but to my surprise, this time, it didn’t boot and nvidia screen freezed. will update after getting new sd card

while using grade A quality sd card, my keyboard wouldn’t work sometimes, i will have to reboot for 4 times to get it work, not sure about the science behind it, but it does work like that, and then sometimes when I get my keyboard working specific keys wouldn’t work and specific would type double times, ex. when I press the letter ‘s’, it would show on the screen like ‘ss’, completely not sure about the issue, my sd card failed couldn’t even read or write anything i changed to genuine, original sd card and keyboard issue was sorted out, my apps weren’t working in my grade A sd card, which was working fine in my genuine original sd card. fyi

Still suggest you to full flash your board. Sdkmanager is the real development tool for jetson.

Sdcard image is more like a method for beginners.

tried another sd card, but right now the os didn’t boot, same issue as with previous sd card, I guess the problem is with jetson nano board

Keep changing sdcard won’t really resolve your issue…

We have bootloader software on the jetson nano’s QSPI flash. Changing sdcard won’t recover the software on it. That is why we suggested you just flash with sdkmanager.

In most “I feel the issue is on the board” cases, reflash with sdkmanager may resolve it…

Thus, please try that first…

ok, will try and revert asap

after getting all the required resources, software finally got up with sdk and connecting the jetson nano, but of no use, it says this

still after many hours it’s in same 41.58%, what can be done now? Thank you

fyi, have reached this place after many tries and fails, have been in this place after lot of tries

There is a export logs button on sdkmanager. Please pause the flash process and share us the log.

This message will appear after flashing Jetson Linux done w/o any further actions from you for too long time. It is waiting for installing Jetson SDK Components.

Please finish oem-config through headless mode or an external monitor and boot up into Ubuntu desktop. Then, just press “Yes” to continuing install Jetson SDK Components.
Or you could just boot up your board and install these packages later through apt command on your board.

When you see this message, the Jeton Linux flash has been done.

As per your suggestions, i tried to boot jetson nano, using external monitor but this time, jetson nano nvidia screen also didn’t show up, power on led on jetson nano board is glowing without any issues, but monitor doesn’t show up anything

How do you connect external monitor? (HDMI or DP, with any adapter!?)
Please provide the current serial console log and dmesg for further check.

serial console wiring done perfectly, and this time dmesg --follow does show up the port and minicom throws some garbarge like this

`T��’�=㕴Q-mJ�� ���

�/�@��/HဥZ��P��u׹���~����e��������/�����������������������m�����-��

��

����U�������h �hA pR.���M߅���i_����AK��i������[��;�������O����u�_�U�J����]Ra"�

��_�`�WD�A�&�"�����D0Q�D�m�^ml����������������{�������8�=���C��W�D)S

��

) �
@�&�$@�LT���km������[��N�
`������������@D�_��T}E�U
@

()��*�6�󩮯M�������o���o�o߅���’�������}��k?���U��U�)$@�@����X��U]SU L$
E
`
P
������}�k+z����ֽU�_�PB��UU�������������$X���}U�U��_U����� ���(� �
T"�}�ׯ�PP��F�\u뭫�?��?��F��� B ���

� H���UJ���X�{}Hs�����������)����� ���k����_���U�����T��@�?UI\��ծ��}m �

@����|���m�u��UVU�

@�:Q�yPK�+�Yu3~�ɿo���u���������W����}�������Կ�w�ߵ�u�� JR�/jU\W�-��i �� ��R

J+U�u�UT@����A�P��QЂ�}�����}�������l��I_o�2�L���k������WFU s

���@

����]WU�d������!���B��UU�Ł�j-������]�U�UVJB(@
�H� �Yij��%��"l��

�@�4H�ਪ%RU��Qm+�j�����mڿW� U�
��Gդ�O}��}�y���]�� ����]iUϯ�li��}������RUU�@D*� ��@�[U�������_� @��E

��PP�U�_T�ԥVo�U����P���@

/q%M <�˿���_���@
�B �TI��h_o��������?�����C�_����������’��e{��m�W\��޴J �
.�Lh�� �� !
u

��Z[�W1�%�@� @t@Uu�յk�������������k��� /�U�����[��wQ�q5U�UUQ"$�B,
J
@

6n�>��������������߳�����6�y����O�_m�շF���T�*�`����@pȬaP�U��m��ߝ �

D

`$ /D+)e�����o����$[lo�����_.��W�H �M�����%;?�\��T.P ���VR���ۯ��

` this,

minicom configuration is perfect its speed is 115200

Please try another USB port of your host PC.

and also provide the flash log from SDKM.
Capture SDKM Log:
Upper right corner “…” → Export Debug logs

same result when I tried with minicom, with other port, wil try sdkm log as you proposed

SDKM_logs_2023-01-11_16-47-36.zip (154.0 KB)

have attached “export debug logs” for my nvidia boot

Is your uart log still showing garbled data when you run flash command?

I mean, your device can dump log on 12/28, why it cannot dump log now? Did you change the cable or change the host machine?

Please be aware that if your device cannot dump log even in running flash tool, then it may indicate hardware defect.

You should check your usb ttl cable first.

usb ttl cable works best tried with other means, i guess it should be hardware defect, may I know how to process the return request?