NVIDIA Jetson Orin NX to 3 IP Camera

We’re in the middle of building our own carrier board for the Jetson, since we have a unique peripheral break-out in mind. However, I wanted to confirm with someone intimate with Nvidia whether there’s any reason or complication that we should be aware of that would make it hard/difficult/impossible for us to break out all 1 or 3 PCIe-1-lane ports to PCIe 3.1 to Gigabit Ethernet bridge, LAN7430 parts, to connect to three cameras?

I’ve just completed a Google-aided review of Jetson Xavier/Orin NX carrier boards, and no one has built-in more than 2x Ethernet ports or exposed those additional PCIe lanes.

Hi,

Is this based on custom board case or something else?

Also, is this Orin NX issue or AGX Orin issue? You filed the topic in AGX Orin.

900-13767-0010-000 , Orin NX.

Thanks
Lawrence

Could you elaborate more about your target? I am not sure what is gating here as Orin NX already supported 3 PCIe interfaces.

Yes, we are aware that there are 3 PCIe 3.1 lane from Orin NX. Is there anything I shall be aware of for us to break out all 3 x PCIe to 3xLAN7430 parts to 3x ethernet cameras.
In addition to the above, we are also bringing out all USB3 to run additional cameras @ single 5Gbps USB3 port.

Basically, we want to max out the peripheral data rates and see if there is limitation or difficulties that you are aware of.

Thanks
Lawrence

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Hi,

Which pcie controllers will be in use for your case?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.