NVIDIA Nsight waring: OpenACC injection initialization failed. Is the PGI runtime version greater than 15.7?

I am trying to venture into accelerating my Fortran 2003 programs with OpenACC directives on my Ubuntu 18.04. workstation with Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 card. To that end, I have installed Nvidia HPC-SDK version 20.7 which should comes with compilers I need (Fortran 2003 from Portland Group and Nvidia (both are version 20.7-0)) as well as profilers (nvprof and Nvidia Nsight Sytems (2020.3.1)).

After a few post-installation glitches, and owing greatly to advice from Robert Crovella and Mat Colgrove from NVIDIA, I managed to get things going which made me very happy.

My workflow looks like this:

Compile my program:

pgfortran -acc -Minfo=accel -o my_program ./my_program.f90

I run it through profiler:

nsys profile ./my_program

And then import into nsight-sys with File -> Open and chose report1.qdrep

I believe this to be a proper workflow. However, while opening the report file, nsight-sys gives me the warning: OpenACC injection initialization failed. Is the PGI runtime version greater than 15.7? That’s quite unfortunate, because I use OpenACC to accelerate my programs.

I am not quite sure what PGI runtime is, nor would I know how to check it or change it? I assume it is something with Portland Group (compiler), but I use the suite compilers shipped with Nvidia’s HPC-SDK, so I wouldn’t expect incompatibilities with the profiler tools shipped in the same package.

Is it an option, or possible at all, to update the PGI runtime thing?

And advice, please?

Cheers