NVidia Photoshop Plugin - Saving Custom MIPs Broken Since Layers Update

Since the recent update to the NVidia Texture Tools Plugin in Photoshop that imports MIPs into layers, the ability to export custom MIPs is broken. If you make a change to any MIP other than 0, and export that with “Generate MIPs” option, it creates all the new MIPs from MIP0 and discards all your changes. If you choose NOT to generate MIPs, the exported DDS file will have 0 extra MIPs.
It seems that the export/save process has not been updated to include the layered info. Granted, having MIPs in layers does make authoring and editing them much easier, but its useless when you cannot save them out into your DDS file.
Thanks for reading, and hopefully this can be resolved. Cheers.

1 Like

Hi, as I wrote in a PM, I believe this issue was resolved in recent updates, but please let me know if you are still experiencing this problem and we will research again…thank you!

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-omniverse-tutorials).

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs