nvidia quadro P4000 ansys 18 compatibility

I bought a quadro P4000, but I can’t run it with ansys Mechanical. It seems some problem with comunication between ansys and the graphic card. i installed last version of cuda 9.2, but without results. Any ideas?! Here following the message I got from the solver:

***** ANSYS COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS ***** BATCH MODE REQUESTED (-b) = NOLIST INPUT FILE COPY MODE (-c) = COPY DISTRIBUTED MEMORY PARALLEL REQUESTED 10 PARALLEL PROCESSES REQUESTED WITH SINGLE THREAD PER PROCESS TOTAL OF 10 CORES REQUESTED DESIGNXPLORER REQUESTED MPI OPTION = INTELMPI INPUT FILE NAME = C:\Users\ELIA\Desktop\Nuova cartella_ProjectScratch\ScrC86B\dummy.dat OUTPUT FILE NAME = C:\Users\ELIA\Desktop\Nuova cartella_ProjectScratch\ScrC86B\solve.out START-UP FILE MODE = NOREAD STOP FILE MODE = NOREAD GPU ACCELERATOR OPTION REQUESTED 1 GPU ACCELERATOR DEVICES REQUESTED RELEASE= Release 18.0 BUILD= 18.0 UP20161219 VERSION=WINDOWS x64 CURRENT JOBNAME=file0 20:54:17 JUN 09, 2018 CP= 0.203 *** FATAL *** CP = 1.312 TIME= 20:54:18

No supported GPU devices have been detected on machine ELIAC. Only Tesla-series or Quadro K5000/K5200/K6000/M6000 GPU devices are supported. Please verify that a supported GPU device is installed on this machine or rerun without using the -acc command line option.

************************************************************************ The above error is non-recoverable by ANSYS ANSYS run terminated by the indicated error Current data base saved if possible. ************************************************************************

This says that p4000 is not supported. I run also on ansys 19 and I got the same result, even if ansys declared it is a tested graphic card, as per this link:

I installed graphic drivers 397.93 version and cuda 9.2.88.1 version.

Thanks in advance

Hi
I’m having the same problem, I bought Quadro p4000 and This is very frustrating. It seems like I wasted my money.I also looked the same Ansys documents and purchased it.
please help if there is some problem from our side.

Regards,
Akshay Kumar

The way OP describes it, the ANSYS 19 documentation says that the Quadro P4000 is a supported GPU, but the ANSYS 19 software gives an error, stating only Quadro K5000/K5200/K6000/M6000 is supported.

It seems like what you would want to do here is contact the vendor of the ANSYS software and inquire about this discrepancy, and ask them how to get the Quadro P4000 to work with their software. Maybe the product requires a particular CUDA version to use the GPU?

Which GPUs are supported by particular third-party software is a matter for the vendor of that software and their customer support, not the NVIDIA CUDA forums.