Nvidia sdkmanager not work

I just installed the sdk manager to be able to work with the jetson x2, the installation had no problem. but when executing in the terminal “sdkmanager” I get the following error:

/snapshot/main/node_modules/sql.js/js/sql.js:5
1<process.argv.length?process.argv[1].replace(/\/g,“/”):“unknown-program”);f.arguments=process.argv.slice(2);“undefined”!==typeof module&&(module.exports=f);process.on(“uncaughtException”,function(a){if(!(a instanceof ka))throw a;});f.inspect=function(){return"[Emscripten Module object]“}}else if(fa)f.print||(f.print=print),“undefined”!=typeof printErr&&(f.printErr=printErr),f.read=“undefined”!=typeof read?read:function(){throw"no read() available (jsc?)”;},f.readBinary=function(a){if(“function”===
^

Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink ‘/tmp/sdkmanager.sock’
at Object.unlinkSync (fs.js:1129:3)
at Socket. (/snapshot/main/headless.bundle.js)
at Socket.emit (events.js:315:20)
at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:92:8)
at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:60:3)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21) {
errno: -1,
syscall: ‘unlink’,
code: ‘EPERM’,
path: ‘/tmp/sdkmanager.sock’
}

Anyone have any idea how I can fix it?

Is the sdkmanager installed on a normal Ubuntu 18.04 PC host? Is there anything unusual, e.g., it is a VM?

yes is a Ubuntu 18.04 PC and install with window sub system linux (WSL)

Not sure, but I doubt WSL2 would work for flashing. Let us know if I’m wrong.

@Honey_Patouceul is correct, WSL will fail. WSL only provides user space services, and does not have an ability to work with loopback devices (and probably has other limitations). So WSL cannot work. A VM could be made to work, but even that has some difficulties (such as USB setup probably needing some expertise and tweaking).

The least frustrating way to do this would be to set up your PC for dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04, but you’d need to make sure you have at least an extra 50GB of disk space left after the install.