Nvidia Texture Tools Exporter will not install in Photoshop CC 2020

Up until today Adobe CC has been operating Photoshop 2019 on my PC. Then came the update to CC2020 and now my Intel Texture works is not working. So I decided to make the switch to Nvidia since I already have a GTX 1060 6GB. Nvidia Texture Tools Exporter only installs to the C: drive of my PC. It doesn’t recognize that I even have PS CC2020 installed. I have reinstalled PS CC2020 and still there is nothing in the ‘Save As’ drop down that has anything to do with Nvidia. I don’t know where to go from here since I can’t even get the exporter installed to use in PS. Looking for a little guidance here please.
Thanks
Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Sorry for the late reply - I’m usually tracking topics in the Development Tools > Other Tools sub-forum, or at the texturetools@nvidia.com email address!

I’m assuming this is for the new Texture Tools Exporter plugin for Photoshop (instead of the legacy version or the standalone version). By default, it should try to find the Photoshop folder and should prompt you if it can’t find Photoshop, but since that’s not working, one of the best solutions is to set the install folder to the Photoshop Plug-ins folder on the Choose Install Location screen, which should look a bit like this if Photoshop has been installed to the default location (i.e. set the install folder to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins).

The key factor is that nvtt_export.8bi must be in Photoshop’s Plug-ins folder in order for Photoshop to find the exporter plugin.

Hope this helps!