I am trying to do PC Sampled profile on a huge CUDA application with the NVidia Visual Profiler v7.5.
I am using an NVidia Quadro M6000 with display driver version 353.30 on a Windows 8.1 Pro, 64bit
Here are the steps I use to recreate the problem:
- Run the nvvp.exe and create a session with default settings.
- Create a timeline and run a PC Sampling kernel profile on a kernel selected from the timeline.
- Wait for the PC sampling to finish.
- After the results are ready you’re prompted to select a file for which to display the PC sampling information.
- Click on one of the source files available in the results tab.
This is where everything hangs. Immediately after I select a file the Visual Profiler becomes unresponsive. The only thing that happens (from what I can see in the process explporer) is that a java application is launched that uses ~0.01% of the CPU time and stays like that forever. I even left it overnight, just in case, but in the morning it was still hanging there apparently doing nothing.
I believe this is a bug in the NVVP.
Could anyone please direct me to an online bugtracker that I can use to file a bug for this?