Nvidia Xavier SDK Installation

I am trying to use Nvidia Xavier but the sdk is unable to download the Opencv 4.1 package. Most probably this is a server error please correct the broken package.
*** 20:56:40 ERROR : OpenCV on Host : download error: https://developer.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/tools/files/jetpack-sdks/jetpack-4.3/JETPACK_43_b132/ubuntu1604/OpenCV-4.1.1-2-gd5a58aa-x86_64-samples.deb failed with Error: The .mtd file is corrupt. Start a new download.**

I’m currently having this same issue. If this is an issue on NVIDIA’s end, hopefully it can be remedied quickly. I need to finish flashing a Xavier board as soon as possible.

Hi sanketgujar95 and and Sanctanimus,

Thanks you for reporting this issue, it seems there are problem at our download server, we will be fixing it soon, please stay tuned.

Hi sanketgujar95 and and Sanctanimus,

All those OpenCV files should be working now, sorry for the inconvenience.

I’m new Jetson AGX Xavier developer, and have initialized my system by flashing the ARM64 ISO image on this page to an uSD card for booting, and running from NVMe SSD.

I’d prefer to install SDK Manager directly from the AGX Xavier, as an AMD64 Linux system is unavailable at this time. Can you point me toward documentation for installing SDK Manager directly from the AGX Xavier?

The first attempt to download DeepStream SDK 5.0 from this page provided a .deb package for AMD64, so it was useless for me to install from the ARM86 AGX Xavier.

If I can’t install the SDK Manager from the AGX Xavier, is it possible to manually install the individual SDK packages manually?

You’ll have my sincere gratitude for any assistance you may be able to provide with this issue.

Thank you.
Larry

The image is for an NX, not the regular Xavier. Are you using Xavier NX, or the full Xavier?

FYI, JetPack/SDK Manager is intended to run only on a host PC architecture and is not capable of running on arm64.

Thank you for your response. I seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot.

So, I attempted to start over and am still encountering difficulty. Please see this post: Xavier AGX: sdkmanager 1.2.0-6733 Won't Run . Perhaps you can tell me if this is the result of something I’ve done incorrectly, of it’s the result of an Nvidia error. ADVthanksANCE

Try this first, and then attempt again (Ubuntu host PC side):

sudo apt update
sudo apt --fix-broken install

After that, if needed, you could try this as well:

sudo apt-get install libgconf-2-4 libcanberra-gtk-module
sudo apt-get install python

(note that there is both Python 2.x and Python 3.x and so even if you have Python it might fail if it isn’t the right version of Python…I don’t know if this will do anything for your case, but it doesn’t hurt if you already have that version…the previous fix-broken might help with installing the previously rejected gconf and canberra packages)

Thank you for your support.

$ sudo apt --fix-broken install
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 312 not upgraded.

I attempted to install the missing dependencies:

root@ubuntu:/home/ubuntu/Downloads# apt-get install libgconf-2-4 libcanberra-gtk-module
Building dependency tree
Package libcanberra-gtk-module is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Unable to locate package libgconf-2-4
E: Package ‘libcanberra-gtk-module’ has no installation candidate

root@ubuntu:/home/ubuntu/Downloads# apt-get install python
Building dependency tree
python is already the newest version (2.7.15~rc1-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Still no luck successfully running sdkmanager.

I updated the other message thread: https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/xavier-agx-sdkmanager-1-2-0-6733-wont-run/141014/2

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Larry

Is your host Ubuntu 18.04? What do you see from:

• which python
  • which python2
  • which python3

There is probably some evolution of python release version getting mixed in somehow. That or perhaps you don’t have access to the Ubuntu repo which is needed from the x86 host PC.

In a similar fashion, what do you see from:

• dpkg -l | grep -i libgconf
  • apt search libgconf

what version of sdkmanager do you use?
did you try getting the latest sdkmanager as deb package and installing it with
sudo dpkg -i sdkmanager-nameofthefile.deb
after doing so, if it completes try this command [ with modified username and folder paths]

sudo sdkmanager --cli install --user name@mail.com --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.4 --targetos Linux --host --target P2888-0001 --flash all --targetimagefolder /home/nvidia/Downloads/nvidia/installation_agx --downloadfolder /home/nvidia/Downloads/nvidia

what errors do you observe using the first command [dpkg -i] ? using the latter command?