NvInferServer asynchronous mode is applicable for secondaryclassifiers only. Turning off asynchronous mode

I looked at the documentation for nvinferserver but it is not clear how to set a Triton Server mode as a secondary model. I haven’t found an example either.
I tried to do that, and it seems to work fine, but I get the following error:

Warning: gst-library-error-quark: NvInferServer asynchronous mode is applicable for secondaryclassifiers only. Turning off asynchronous mode (5): gstnvinferserver_impl.cpp(352): validatePluginConfig (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstNvInferServer:mymodel-nvinference-engine

Why is that? How can I get to run it asynchronously? This is my model configuration.

infer_config {
  unique_id: 10
  gpu_ids: [0]
  max_batch_size: 64
  backend {
    trt_is {
      model_name: "mymodel"
      version: -1
      model_repo {
        root: "/src/pipeline/models/repository"
        log_level: 2
      }
    }
  }

preprocess {
    network_format: IMAGE_FORMAT_RGB
    tensor_order: TENSOR_ORDER_LINEAR
    maintain_aspect_ratio: 0
    normalize {
      scale_factor: 1
      channel_offsets: [0, 0, 0]
    }
  }

postprocess {
     other {}
  }

extra {
    copy_input_to_host_buffers: false
  }

custom_lib {
    path: "/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/lib/libnvds_infercustomparser.so"
  }
}
input_control {
  operate_on_gie_id: 1
  operate_on_class_ids: [0]
  async_mode: 1
  object_control {
    bbox_filter {
      min_width: 64
      min_height: 64
    }
  }
  process_mode: PROCESS_MODE_CLIP_OBJECTS
  interval: 0
}

output_control {
  output_tensor_meta: true
}

Following the documentation here Gst-nvinferserver — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation I also tried to set process_mode: PROCESS_MODE_FULL_FRAME at the root level of the configuration file, but then I get the error:

[libprotobuf ERROR /home/amkale/jitendrak/Triton-Github/client/build/_deps/repo-third-party-build/grpc-repo/src/grpc/third_party/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/text_format.cc:317] Error parsing text-format nvdsinferserver.config.PluginControl: 50:13: Message type "nvdsinferserver.config.PluginControl" has no field named "process_mode".

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

• Nvidia T4
  • Deepstream 6.0 Triton container

Hi @kesong , this is still an issue. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you

I’d like also to know if you provide Enterprise support. Thank you!

Yes. Asynchronous mode only applicable for secondary classifiers. Do you have more question?

Hi @kesong, I am in fact running the model as a secondary model. Is there anything wrong in my setup above?

Hi @mfoglio, I guess this might be a bit late for you but I am running into the same issue now.
You are setting it up correctly to run in secondary mode but not as a classifier. I have the same issue where the net is a classifier but as we are using the postprocessing type “other” to manually handle the output tensors that flags it as not a classifier as far as Triton is concerned, so it does not enable the async mode for it.

I guess the solution would be to write a custom parsing library and give it to the postprocess config, maybe @kesong can chip in?