DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hi,

In order to debug heterogeneous frame sync I tried to add prints in nvsipl camera driver mian.c to see if its working with -U and -D option. I see that inside

upMaster->GetMAX96712FusaNVCustomInterface(d) 

get interface function call

(deserializerInterfaceProvider->GetInterface(MAX96712_FUSA_NV_CUSTOM_INTERFACE_ID));

returns a Nullptr resulting in the code not going to SetHeteroFrameSync. Thus we get timeout error and no frame is received. We did receive some driver from Quanta and I am trying to evaluate if the feature is working or not.

Is some configuration missing? Are there some example commands on how to run this feature?

Thanks!!
Jishnu

Dear @jishnuw,
May I know the used camera module? Does other camera modules hit the same issue?

Dear @jishnuw
Did you check with quanta on this issue. Please see FSYNC-Group Clarification - #17 by dbennington1 helps?

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV

We are using quanta cameras. We have tried IMX623 HZKK11 and IMX728 HZKJ1 HZKJ3 cameras. All these cameras are hitting the same issue.

Dear @jishnuw,
From FSYNC-Group Clarification - #17 by dbennington1, I notice quanta does not seem to support heterogeneous frame sync. Could you confirm with them?

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV

So when i spoke to Quanta, they said if we could verify that the external trigger is reaching the deserialiser or the MFP2 pin then they could help us if the camera isn’t responding. As long as the trigger signal reaches the deserialiser they are confident camera should function since internally generated fysnc is working.

So when we say Quanta may not be supported, is it NVIDIA doesn’t have the drivers build to do hetro sync like may be the interface function calls are not yet available from your end or Quanta needs to provide me with newer libs?

Also this wasn’t evident from the NVIDIA website whether which camera supports which all features. Is there a link to this info?

So is there a way for me to proceed in your opinion. Meanwhile I am trying to get in touch with Quanta again to understand if we can get some support.

Thanks!!
Jishnu

Based on the log file you provided at External NVPPS not triggering deserailiser - #8 by jishnuw, it appears that the MAX96712 driver was used instead of the MAX96712_Fusa_nv driver.

Main: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_modular/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/CNvMCamera.cpp: 371: LogPlatformCfg:      DeserInfo deserInfo
Main: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_modular/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/CNvMCamera.cpp: 372: LogPlatformCfg:            name: MAX96712
Main: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_modular/camera/fusa/sipl/src/core/CNvMCamera.cpp: 373: LogPlatformCfg:            description: Maxim 96712 Aggregator

As stated in DRIVE AGX Orin Sensors & Accessories | NVIDIA Developer, if you are using camera modules supported by vendors, please contact the vendors for efficient assistance. They will collaborate with NVIDIA to address any issues that cannot be resolved independently.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.