NvSciSync between JPEG and 2D

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
[*] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[*] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[*] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
[*] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

I have some question about NvSciSync between JPEG and 2D, please see this link content.
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/nvmimg-jpgenc-supported-yuv-format-and-performace-issue/178263/8

Hi @Peter_Pertrili ,

I think you meant Nvmimg_jpgenc supported yuv format and performace issue - #10 by Peter_Pertrili.
We will check internally and get back to you. Thanks.

@VickNV Is there any update info?

I’m still waiting for internal response. I have sent out another message and hope can update you soon.

Dear @Peter_Pertrili,
NvMedia engines that are using NvMediaImage the synchronization is automatically happening if the engines are running in the same process.

This means that if the result of the 2D operation is submitted for JPEG Encode, the Encode is going to wait until 2D finishes the blit

For JPEG Encoder there is no need for NvSciSync synchronization because the encoded stream is waited by and received by the CPU.

Why H.264 IEP engine has NvMediaIEPFillNvSciSyncAttrList()?
What is the different between IEP H.264 and JPEG?

The synchronization between IJPE and CUDA components isn’t supported.

@VickNV That is fine.
My concern is why this is no need NvSciSync between 2D and JPEG? But H.264 and 2D need NvSciSync?

As said in NvSciSync between JPEG and 2D - #5 by SivaRamaKrishnaNV, NvMedia engines that are using NvMediaImage the synchronization is automatically happening if the engines are running in the same process.