Nvsipl_camera CPHY or DPHY setting for AR0231

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after clicking “+ Create Topic”):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hello,

I have two questions about the camera interface using sekonix SF3324 AR0231 camera.

1. On the page:
    https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive-os-5.2.0.0L/drive-os/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/NvMedia/nvmedia_nvsipl_camera.html#wwpID0E0KB0HA

It lists 4 different configurations for AR0231.

• 4 lane DPHY
  • 2 lane DPHY
  • 4 lane CPHY
  • 2 lane CPHY

I tried all four and they work fine. My questions is there a functional difference between them (ie ignoring the low level electrical and physical pin interface)? Does the max number of cameras change between 2 or 4 lane?

1. if I’m using multiple cameras, for example 10 AR0231 cameras, are the cameras frame synchronized by default? On the older IPP camera API, there was an explicit setting for external frame sync (“–ext_sync”), but I don’t any option in the nvsipl_camera settings.

Hi @gordon1zrra ,

You can see all the four can support 4 cameras per group. I think there is no difference from function aspect.

Please refer to Questions about Frame Sync Signal.

Hi,

You can see all the four can support 4 cameras per group. I think there is no difference from function aspect.

Thanks for the answer. So even when using 2 lane there is no downgrade in image quality?

Please refer to Questions about Frame Sync Signal.

Sorry, from the thread it’s not clear if the external sync is enabled by default or not, specifically when using nvsipl_camera?

You can check it with vcInfo/VirtualChannelInfo in the application.

I’ll check and get back to you.

SIPL has the same implementation. Thanks.

thanks for confirming.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.