Nvvc command hanging at the terminal

I am trying to build a project using cmake form this CMakeLists.txt and the resulting nvcc command is this:

/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc -forward-unknown-to-host-compiler -ccbin=gcc -DCONSTEXPR=constexpr -DPROJECT_NAME=tensorcore_bench -I/home/sjohnston/gitrepos/NVIDIA/tcu_scope/bench -I/home/sjohnston/gitrepos/NVIDIA/tcu_scope/src -I/home/sjohnston/gitrepos/NVIDIA/tcu_scope/third_party -I/home/sjohnston/gitrepos/NVIDIA/tcu_scope/third_party/cutlass -I/home/sjohnston/gitrepos/NVIDIA/tcu_scope/include -I/usr/include/openblas -I/usr/local/cuda/include -isystem=/home/sjohnston/.hunter/_Base/e8e77b6/8634957/34e9fa9/Install/include -gencode arch=compute_70,code=sm_70 -Xcompiler -std=c++11 -Xcompiler -Wno-vla -Xcompiler -rdynamic -Wno-deprecated-gpu-targets --expt-extended-lambda --expt-relaxed-constexpr -arch=sm_70 -use_fast_math -O3 -DNDEBUG --generate-code=arch=compute_70,code=[compute_70,sm_70] -std=c++11 -MD -MT CMakeFiles/bench.dir/src/unsafe_reduction/seg_wmma_256n_block.cu.o -MF CMakeFiles/bench.dir/src/unsafe_reduction/seg_wmma_256n_block.cu.o.d -x cu -c /home/sjohnston/gitrepos/NVIDIA/tcu_scope/src/unsafe_reduction/seg_wmma_256n_block.cu -o CMakeFiles/bench.dir/src/unsafe_reduction/seg_wmma_256n_block.cu.o

This command hangs in the terminal and never completes. There are several prior nvcc commands using identical flags which complete with no such problem. Required files do exist and permissions should also be in order. Any pointers or suggestions would be welcome.

Centos 7, CUDA 11.5