Nvvideoconvert does not handle raw grayscale images

I want to use deepstream and I need to be able to use plugins like nvstreammux. I have been using nvvideoconvert in my pipeline, however it turns grayscale images a geenish/yellow color. It is a truly revolting color. To illustrate this the following method works perfectly:

This method works:
gst-launch-1.0 aravissrc ! ‘video/x-raw, width=(int)2048, height=(int)1536, framerate=30/1, format=(string)GRAY8’ ! nvvidconv ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink sync=false

This method DOES NOT work - results in a greenish/yellow image:
gst-launch-1.0 aravissrc ! ‘video/x-raw, width=(int)2048, height=(int)1536, framerate=30/1, format=(string)GRAY8’ ! nvvideoconvert ! nvegltransform ! nveglglessink sync=false

I have Googled around with no luck, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi,

You could verify if greenish/yellow image result, it is generated by nvvideoconvert element using this pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 aravissrc num-buffers=1 ! 'video/x-raw,width=(int)2048,height=(int)1536,framerate=30/1,format=(string)GRAY8' ! nvvideoconvert ! filesink location=/tmp/buf2.raw

and analyze it using this online tool:

http://rawpixels.net/

Regards

Angel Phillips

1 Like

Hello Angel,

Thank you for your response. When I run your pipeline and view on the website “rawpixels.net” I see the grayscale image I would expect.

So, with that bit of information what would you suggest I do to force the display to show as grayscale, I am assuming that is the issue.

Seems like I have to use video/x-bayer and bayer2rgb.

1 Like