Oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole Errors

Hello,

I have RTX A4500 on the Ubuntu workstation. I am trying to test my OpenACC+MPI numerical code. I am trying to test both the GNU and PGI compiler.

I was following the NVIDIA HPC SDK installation instructions in “https://developer.nvidia.com/hpc-sdk-downloads” and got the error statements as follows:

============================================================================
nox@nox-HP-Z4-G4-Workstation:~$ sudo apt-get install -y nvhpc-23-9
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
nvhpc-23-9 is already the newest version (23.9).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
3 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole (1~ubuntu20.04.3stella1) …
mount: /tmp/tmp.4NDkpcPESl: special device None does not exist.
dpkg: error processing package oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole (–configure):
installed oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 32
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of oem-stella.cmit-factory-pinsir-meta:
oem-stella.cmit-factory-pinsir-meta depends on oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole; however:
Package oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package oem-stella.cmit-factory-pinsir-meta (–configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of oem-fix-misc-cnl-kernel-signature:
oem-fix-misc-cnl-kernel-signature depends on oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole; however:
Package oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package oem-fix-misc-cnl-kernel-signature (–configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
Errors were encountered while processing:
oem-fix-misc-cnl-grub-boothole
oem-stella.cmit-factory-pinsir-meta
oem-fix-misc-cnl-kernel-signature
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Actually, I got the same error messages (~boothole, ~meta, and ~signature) when I tried for GNU compiler “sudo apt install gcc-offload-nvptx”.

Your help would be deeply appreciated!

Cheers,
Yongsuk

Hi Yongsuk,

As you note that the same error occurs with other packages, this appears to be an issue with your system and not the NVHPC SDK package. Hence not something we can help with.

You might try running “apt-get install -f” to see if that fixed your system, but no guarantees.

Apologies we can’t be of more help,
Mat

1 Like