Offline data augmentation for rescale along the Y axis only

Hello,

I use TAO to train a detectnet_v2:resnet10 model. TAO is an excellent tool !

I’d like to use offline data augmentation for a special use case and I’m not sure I can do it with TAO. Perhaps I need a tool of my own.

Here is the use case:
Images of different size enter the network. They all have the same width but different height. These image contains people and the people have a “human aspect ratio” on them. Now, when the image enter the network, the people are re-scaled vertically right ? They get smaller or taller depending of the original image height.

Here is my understanding:
So I understand that I have to create a data augmentation to make the people randomly taller or smaller. But apparently I cannot zoom in or zoom out in only one direction.

Questions:
Am I right when I understand that the network will create various aspect ratio for people ?
What’s the best way to train the model with such a constraint ?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Mathieu

For detectnet_v2, there is an augmentation module which provides some basic pre-processing and augmentation during training. See more in DetectNet_v2 - NVIDIA Docs.
So, usually it is not needed to generate augmented data offline.

More, there is also a tool for offline data augmentation, please refer to Offline Data Augmentation - NVIDIA Docs.

Hello,

Yes I read the docs but I cannot find anything related to rescale in only one dimension. I’ll do it myself. Thank you.

Mathieu

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.