Omniverse Drive disappears after launching

I can not get the Omniverse Drive to work. It is visible and accessible in my Windows Explorer for a few seconds, then disappears. (I have tried different drive letters.)

I have been looking into using Unreal Engine for vizualisation and VR-purposes, but it is «too big a sword to wield» for our use. And with many revisions the conversion of all assets to ue-format was to much to manage. My concern is that Omniverse will fall into that category; just another file format to export to and maintain.
This is one of the reasons I wanted the drive up and running before spending too much time with the software; to check on file/conversion management. So I want the Omniverse Drive to work. Can anyone help?

I have had the Creator running with a test file, so my system does support the Omniverse platform.
My system is a 2016 HP Z640 with Win 10 Pro, Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 10 cores, 20 logic processor, 32 GB RAM, and a RTX 4000.

Hello @kss2! Welcome to the Community!

First of all, I’d like to set your mind at ease from your comment here:

My concern is that Omniverse will fall into that category; just another file format to export to and maintain.

Omniverse’s purpose is to use one universal “file format”. We did a lot of research and decided to adapt Pixar’s Universal Screen Description because this is the file format has already been adapted to across multiple applications, whether they are in the Omniverse ecosystem or not. This will eliminate the need to maintain any other file format. Also, USD is not “just another file format” it’s way more powerful than that. It is already revolutionizing the industry!

For Omniverse Drive, you said it appears for a few seconds than disappears. Could you send me a log file found here: C:\Users\<USERNANE>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation\Omniverse\logs\Drive

@WendyGram You said:

This directory has not been made. I have this: C:\Users\<USERNANE>\AppData\Local\NVIDIA Corporation\Omniverse
and inside there is one .toml file which only contains this:

[connection_library]
proxy_dict = “*#localhost:8891,f”

Maybe I need to uninstall and try again.