Frequently Asked Questions for Omniverse Usage
*(SP) = Separate Post | *(WBU) = Will be updated in future release | *(D) = Documentation
- What is Omniverse?
- What are the technical requirements? *(D)
- How do I get started with Omniverse?
- I’m a developer, how do I get started?
- How do I Report an Issue with Omniverse? *(SP)
- How does Contact Reporter work? *(SP)
- On my individual license, can I use Omniverse Commercially? *(SP)
- How do I move a menu to an external Window / 2nd Monitor? *(WBU)
Omniverse Launcher Questions
- Where do my applications download?
- How do I change where my files download?
- Can I launch Create without starting the Omniverse Launcher? *(SP)
- How do I install apps without using the Omniverse Launcher? *(SP)
- How do I prevent Omniverse from launching on system startup? *(SP)
Omniverse Nucleus Questions
- What are the firewall endpoints that I need to keep accessible? **(D)
- Can I delete the eventlog.tsv in the Nucleus Folder? *(SP)
Omniverse Create Questions
- How do I enable the Color Temperature? *(SP)
- Why weren’t any frame captured when I created an image sequence with Movie Capture? *(SP)
- How do I get duplicate assets to not appear with the same material? *(SP) Thanks @DataJuggler
- Why can’t I remove cameras, materials, etc from imported FBX files in Create? *(SP) *(WBU)
- How do I attach a .png texture to a USD file? *(SP) Thanks @DataJuggler
- How do I customize the startup scene in Create? *(SP) Thanks @daryl.dunlap.ohio
- How do I create multiple Viewports?
- How do I turn selection outlines on and off in Create?
Omniverse Connector: Blender
Omniverse Connector: CC4
Omniverse Extension: Replicator
- How do I reference a USDZ file?
- How do I look up all of the parameters for a Kit Command?
- How do I set the current frame using Python?
- How do I execute an Action Graph using Python?
- How do I align radio buttons horizontally?
- How do I refresh a UI window?
- How do I customize the appearance of a slider?
- How do I create many prims at available prim paths?
- How do I create a group at a specific prim path?
- Is there a way to check if a prim exists?
- How do I refer to the child of a prim without giving the prim path?
- How can I create a notification popup in the viewport with a log message?
- How do I show labels in the viewport for multiple prims?
- How do I execute arbitrary code from VSCode in Omniverse?
- How do I create omni.ui.Rectangle shapes with only top or bottom rounded corners?
- How do I update the list of items in a ui.ComboBox without recreating the widget?
- How do I change the shape of the mouse cursor?
- How do I get the world position of a prim?
- What are the conventions for naming extensions?
- How do I add a custom window in the Window menu?
- How do I share python code between extensions?
- What’s the difference between a shape and mesh?
- How do I import cl?
- How do I import sc?
- How do I define UI colors?
- How do I add an item to a menu?
- How do I connect a ColorWidget to the base color of a material at a specific path?
- How do I create an undo group?
- How do I avoid adding a command to the undo history?
- How do I query the selected item in a ui.ComboBox?
- How do I use Kit tokens?
- Why do I only see one widget in my UI container?
- Why is the legacy viewport API not working anymore?
- How do I create an OmniGraph using Python scripting?
- How do I create another viewport?
- How do I use the Script Node?
- Why doesn’t OV Code start?
- How do I inject my custom menu item into an existing context menu?
- Where are Omniverse logs located?
- Where is the data directory for an Omniverse app?
- What is link_app.bat?
- How do I get intellisense working in VS Code?
- How do I dock my window?
- How do I subscribe to changes to a prim or attribute? (omni.usd.get_watcher())
- How can I display dynamic images within a frame?
- What can I use a for loop with?
- How do I create a progress bar?
- How do I add widgets on top of the viewport? (ViewportWindow.get_frame)
- How do I use value model with ui.Placer?
- How do I see all of the code from the UI documentation examples?
- How do I uninstall an extension?
- How do I export USDZ?
- Where is the extension I was working on?
- How do I create complex UI without so much indented Python code?
- How do I Collect Asset using Python to share a full Omniverse project?
- How do I capture a screenshot of the viewport?
- How do I change the visibility of a prim using Action Graph?
- Where are the API docs for extensions?
- How do I browse for a file for import?
- How do I browse for a file for export?
- How do I use the Script Node? (using compute function)