Omniverse launcher burns my cpu with no reason

win11

Just started windows after reboot

Chillin in browser… and suddenly - my cooler on cpu…i can hear it

Is it ok ?

No file activity with that process. What is he doing?

I can somehow debug it if devs tell me how
Very strange behavior

Yes we are aware of this and it is a bug and we are investigating. I would simply turn off auto-start and close and exit it when you do not require it open, until we get it fixed. To exit completely you have to right click on the system clock area icon and hit EXIT

What is your system specs ? Particularly your cpu.

win11
i5 13600kf

Just randomly came across this.

FYI I get the same on my threadripper pro 5000 series under win 11. Launcher takes up a whole core (100%) when active.

I have never seen anything close to 100%. 20% maybe. That is a first. Well we are still trying to track it down. It may be something to do with also having GeForce Experience installed. Do you ? If so please uninstall and tell us if that fixes it.

It may be something to do with also having GeForce Experience installed. Do you ? If so please uninstall and tell us if that fixes it.

Oof, that’s my after-hours you’re talkin’ about there ;) But since it’s you asking I tried it.

There is a minor difference after uninstalling GeForce Experience. Previously launcher hovered around 3%, which is about a full core on a 32-core system. Now it spends more time closer to 2.4%, but still goes up to around 3.6 on occasion. (I tried opening and then closing an app to see what would happen, but at least after closing the situation seems unaffected.)

With GeForce Experience Installed:

After uninstalling and restarting:

Without launcher running:

@Richard3D
Was this useful?