Omniverse Launcher UNTRUSTED CERTIFICATE

I am seeing the image below when opening the Omniverse Launcher. Not sure if it is related to firewall or IT protocols.

I chatted about this with @eric.craft.MH on the Omniverse Discord server, but for everyone’s reference, it’s an issue with the certs of connect.facebook.net (nothing we can do).

By the way, GTC Spring 2022 sessions are now available for viewing here (requires registration): GTC 2022: #1 AI Conference

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. The Omniverse documentation site has more info and links to all tutorial videos (under the “Learning and Feedback” category on left nav bar): Omniverse Platform Overview — Omniverse Developer documentation

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Omniverse | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

Hi @eric.craft.MH! Something you may want to try is changing your default web browser to either Chrome or Edge / Internet Explorer. Then try launching Omniverse again.

Without any logs, what I think is happening is that your default web browser is triggering our security certificate. Security is VERY important to us. Everything inside Omiverse has to pass our rigorous certification process which uses Morpheus. If your default web browser is not secure, this may be why you are seeing this error.

Let me know if that helps!

@WendyGram , I sent you the launcher.log in a PM. Let me know if that helps.

-Eric