One RTSP stream stops after a day or two in production

• Hardware Platform: Jetson
• DeepStream Version 6.0
• JetPack Version 4.6
• TensorRT Version 8.2
• Issue Type: Question

I’ve a two-camera pipeline based on python bindings. I observe that after a day or two, one of the rtsp stream stops in production. Restarting the pipeline reconnects with the stream.
I changed the order of streams, the same stream stops, so my guess is that it is a network/camera issue.
I have two questions:

1. How do I log/catch exceptions[like no-further-possible-decoding] in a stream using the python pipeline’s uridecodebin on a specific stream? [do we have a similar reference app?]

2. How do I reconnect in during runtime [given that this is in python]
    Thanks

If there is evidence for it is a network/camara issue, you can use “export GST_DEBUG=rtspsrc:7” to get more log for the RTSP client side. There is no way

Reconnection has nothing to do with python. You can refer to the c/c++ deepstream-app sample for the correct reconnection logic and implement with python.

Yes, I can do that. I was thinking more on the lines of rtsp-reconnect-interval-sec property which is present in c/c++ but (in my understanding) not directly accessible via gst-python, right? So, the only option is to implement the logic?

Thanks for the debug flag.

Yes.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.