OpenACC compile errors for Radeon 7770

I am trying to compile anOpenACC code for the Radeon 7770 but I was getting missing library errors. I found the libraries in an older version of PGI and copied them over. Now I get:

941, Generating present(f(:,:))
Generating Tesla code
Generating Radeon code
943, Loop is parallelizable
Accelerator kernel generated
943, !$acc loop gang, vector(128) ! blockidx%x threadidx%x
pgocld-Fatal-/usr/local/linux86-64/14.7/bin/pgoffcl TERMINATED by signal 11
Arguments to /usr/local/linux86-64/14.7/bin/pgoffcl
/usr/local/linux86-64/14.7/bin/pgoffcl /tmp/pgacca8hca7-WaX-c.cl /tmp/pgacca8hcaR5aabTY.bin -amd -capeverde -offline -amdocl -I"/usr/local/linux86-64/14.7/include_acc"
PGF90-F-0155-Compiler failed to translate accelerator region

Any ideas on how to fix this? The code compiles and runs fine for my GeForce GTX 670.

Thanks

Hi Lionel,

My best guess is this error is being caused by the inconsistency of the tool set. Can you reinstall and then post the original missing library error?

Thanks,
Mat

I did a fresh install of PGI version 14.9, as well as a fresh reinstallation of the Radeon commercial drivers for debian, as well as the opencl libraries.

I no longer get a missing library error, but I still get the segfault of pgoffcl as follows:

911, Loop is parallelizable
909, !$acc loop gang, vector(16) ! global dim(1) local dim(1)
911, !$acc loop gang, vector(16) ! global dim(0) local dim(0)
941, Generating present(f(:,:))
Generating Radeon code
943, Loop is parallelizable
943, !$acc loop gang, vector(128) ! global dim(0) local dim(0)
pgocld-Fatal-/usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/14.9/bin/pgoffcl TERMINATED by signal 11
Arguments to /usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/14.9/bin/pgoffcl
/usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/14.9/bin/pgoffcl /tmp/pgaccbMmcd2UWkI8Y.cl /tmp/pgaccrMmcZzs8AnNr.bin -amd -capeverde -offline -amdocl -I"/usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/14.9/include_acc"

I have a Radeon 7770 and my compile flags I am using are:

-tp=p7 -O3 -acc -ta=radeon:capeverde -Minfo=accel

Thanks

That’s not good. Can you please post or send a reproducing example to PGI Customer Service (trs@pgroup.com)? Once we reproduce the error, we can then have our engineers determine what’s causing pgoffcl issue. Hopefully we can find you a work around as well.

Thanks,
Mat