OpenCL on a MacBook with GeForce 320m

Hi,

I’ve just bought a new MacBook which has a GeForce 320m GPU and is running OS X (10.6.3). I’ve set it up for CUDA development and everything works properly however I’m having problems getting OpenCL working.

When I try to build the SDK examples I get the following errors:

Chris-Shares-MacBook:OpenCL cpsmusic$ make
src/oclUtils.cpp: In function ‘void oclPrintDevInfo(int, _cl_device_id*)’:
src/oclUtils.cpp:282: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_COMPUTE_CAPABILITY_MAJOR_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:283: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_COMPUTE_CAPABILITY_MINOR_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:290: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_REGISTERS_PER_BLOCK_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:294: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_WARP_SIZE_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:298: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_GPU_OVERLAP_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:302: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_KERNEL_EXEC_TIMEOUT_NV’ was not declared in this scope
src/oclUtils.cpp:306: error: ‘CL_DEVICE_INTEGRATED_MEMORY_NV’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [obj/release/oclUtils.cpp.o] Error 1
make: *** [common/liboclUtil.so] Error 2

Any idea what’s going on here?

I’m also having some problems with Apple’s OpenCL sample code (but I think that is a problem for a different forum!).

One thing I’ve noticed is that in the CUDA System Preferences I’m getting a message saying that an update is required, while at the same time the dialog says that the software is up-to-date…hmmm.

Cheers,

Chris

This is just a guess, but I am about 99% sure that If you are running OpenCL on OS X, then you are using Apple’s OpenCL framework, not NVIDIAs. So none of the those NV extensions are likely to work.

Yes, that makes sense.

All those definitions are in cl_ext.h.

Cheers,

Chris

I thought the GeForce 320m was not CUDA/openCL capable.
am I wrong ?
is it different for macbooks ?

I thought the GeForce 320m was not CUDA/openCL capable.
am I wrong ?
is it different for macbooks ?