OpenSuse Nvidia drivers installed, but not being used

I recently installed the Nvidia drivers for my Geforce Gtx 1050 on OpenSuse Leap 42.3, but the drivers are not being used and instead it uses always the Mesa drivers.
I simply followed this tutorial https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers where you install the drivers through the repositories and everything worked fine and the drivers even show as being installed in the Nvidia panel, but I cannot get them to be used.
The installation automatically created an nvidia-default.conf where it added “blacklist nouveau” to disable the nouveau drivers, which apparently does not work. After reading some tutorials I tried adding that line manually in different conf files with additions like “nomodeset” etc, but all did not work, it seems whatever I enter in the configs gets ignored.
I also have an onboard GPU called Intel HD 4000 which comes with the i7 processors, if that matters at all.

So any ideas?

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the tar.gz file it creates to your post.

Ok, here it is:
-deleted-

Connect both monitors to the 1050 and disable the intel gpu in bios. Everything else looks fine.

It is only one monitor with one cable to the 1050 and one to the onboard GPU, but the onboard GPU was not in use, it always detects the 1050 correctly when it is installed and uses that.
So disabling it in bios did not do anything.
Hardware always worked correctly, it is just that it never uses the Nvidia drivers.

i don’t really know what you’re trying to do but I can confirm that according to the logs the nvidia driver loads fine and works, you just have two gpus working so the intel is used.
So just create a minimal xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
        Identifier     "Device0"
        Driver         "nvidia"
        VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
        BusID          "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

and don’t forget to switch inputs on your monitor.

It works now.
I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and installed them again while having integrated GPU disabled in bios.

And no the integrated intel GPU is not used, at least not with its own drivers, maybe it switched to use it when starting a game and then using the Mesa driver with it, but previously the Geforce 1050 was shown as being used in the Nvidia control center, like how much memory it used etc, but however it is fixed now.

PS: The integrated GPU could at no point have been used for real, since it was connected with another cable and I would have had to switch inputs on my monitor for it. So it just may have messed with the drivers or configs, but it was definitely not used.