OptiX 7.3 on Jetson AGX Xavier

Hi,
I thought I’d reopen this can of worms after some time and would like to reproduce Kyle’s setup as closely as possible, but I might need some help.
At the time, Kyle was using a 5.X kernel with ubuntu 20, which was well before jetpack 5 was released, so I’d like to know if there is the exact kernel version that Kyle used anywhere.
Additionally, Kyle appears to be using a dedicated GPU Quadro RTX 6000/8000 plugged into the Xavier. I haven’t found anyone else successfully using an external GPU on the Xaiver. ( Except for this notable exception Add external graphics card on Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit - #3 by pea1)
Sadly I don’t have an RTX 6000/8000 handy. Are there similar GPU’s that might work? Something like a 2070 would be ideal, but I’d like to know the considerations before forking out for one (acknowledging that this still might not work…)

I’d love to get Optix running with the Xaviers iGPU, but I suspect there are some fundamental issues with drivers/Cuda that I don’t yet understand.

My current plan: