Now I’m trying to do instance motion blur and got several questions.
Let’s assume I have an IAS whose children are:
- Instance 0: GAS Instance (GAS A)
- Instance 1: GAS Instance (GAS B)
- Instance 2-101: SRT Transform whose child is GAS C
I’d like to create this IAS with configuration that
numKeys = 2, timeBegin = 0.0f, timeEnd = 1.0f, flags = OPTIX_MOTION_FLAG_NONE.
- Does the traversable graph depth exceed “single level instancing”?
So, do I need to use
- Do I need to set a pointer to an array with a size of 102 * 2 *
OptixBuildInputInstanceArray::aabbsand set 204 to
- Do I need to compute contents of the AABB array by myself?
Does it mean manually computing AABB of GAS C and transforming its corners per instance per key to compute conservative AABB?
- I found the description:
“In case of OPTIX_BUILD_INPUT_TYPE_INSTANCES, the second element (with a size of M * 6 floats) will be ignored.” at the comment for
OptixBuildInputInstanceArray, but I couldn’t understand what this says. I suppose the second element is AABB for the 1st instance and its second key, therefore it can’t be ignored if the 1st instance is in motion. Could you explain with other wording?