Orientation issues between applications and USD files

System used Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, Ram 64,0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, Windows 10 64bits

Between Autodesk Maya 2022, Autodesk 3dsMax 2022 and Create, the orientation of some objects, importing USD, sometimes when reconnecting to the server or during the active synchronization the orientation changes, and their moving axis acts randomly, so this applies to models, lights and cameras.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this one. A couple questions.
Are you working in the same up axis with all the applications?
In the source max files, if you reset the xforms does it work?
Is it possible to get your max scene?

1 Like

It was a file created in Maya and create, I shot down the computer, took a break, and later I opened the file in 3smax, and opened Create and Maya, the orientation in 3dsMax was correct, but the other 2 were not, Maya and create have the Y axis up, and 3dsmax has the Z axis up, I think it could be in part for that reason.

No, it didn’t work :(

It is a USD FILE

Thanks for you time!

Thank you Francisco for the information. In the next release we actually will disable live in Max and Maya if the up axis of the application is different from the USD file. With the goal to prevent issues like this.
–Aron

1 Like

Please make a BIG alert that explains to the user, why it can’t connect, otherwise the point of using onmiverse will be partially lost.

We should change the axis in 3dsMax, or other software with the Z axis UP before connecting the pipeline.

Tracking Note: Development team has created an internal ticket (OM-36805)

1 Like