DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hello NVIDIA Team,

I’m having some difficulties getting a device connected via the 1000BASE-T1 ports on the Spruce switch and I was looking to confirm that the following is correct to help debug and confirm our observations:

1. Are all of the port roles for the 1000BASE-T1 connectors set as Master/Primary? This document says so but i wanted to confirm this is the case. We are using the base configuration as confirmed in Aurix. I am connected on pin 1 on J4.
  1. I am connecting a device that is a 1000BASE-T1 slave. This is set to have an IP address on that same network. This is the only device connected.

Pings all fail, I can see on the arp table that the IP address is present so i’m confident in the setup. I’ve also used a media converter setup as a master and 1000BASE-T1 and i can communicate to the device i am connecting. I’m confident that I am configuring the attached device correctly in this case.

Is there any mechanism to check the Port role to confirm if it is configured correctly? i understand that changing the port role may not be supported by the forum, but is checking the status possible?

Thanks,

We will review your questions and provide a response as soon as possible.

If an Nvidia-provided media converter is used, it can be used to identify the link status and Base-T1 role, if the link is established. To obtain this information, the media converter needs to be connected to a host via the USB port, without changing the network connections, and the device needs to be opened using minicom (which appears as /dev/ttyACM* on Linux machines). By decoding the output of the console, we can obtain the necessary information.

For example, if converter P3751 is used, the following output indicates that the Base-T1 on the converter is in 1G slave mode, indicating that the Spruce port it is connected to is in Base-T1 master mode.

Hello VickNV,

I do have an NVIDIA-provided Media converter and this can work as a viable solution for us. One last question, from the debug statement, how does this line change if it’s setup as a master? i.e. does the Link Status line change and what does it look like if it’s in master mode?

thanks for all of your help in working to find a solution to this!

The Link Status line will show “1Gm”.