Orin nx dp enable fail

Hi,

Kernel image is by default read from /boot/Image on device and you can put new kernel image to L4T/kernel/Image and it will get to flashed to the board when running flash.

I explained the two steps for editing dtb separately, but both are included before converting back from dts to dtb.

I still don’t quite understand what you tried to say here. Your comment sounds like your dts is from lots of places and you keep using dtc to convert it again and again. This is not needed. All you need to do is do the the things in the source code. Build it out and reaplce the old dtb in your L4T/kernel/dtb and the one under L4T/bootloader and L4T/bootloader/t186ref.

The most important part is , display change requires full flash the board. So please do not flash only one or two partitions.

Thanks for your help Wayne,

I am now using sources directory for dtb edits, thanks for identifying that one.

I found dtb in source directory is $JETSON_SOURCES/kernel_out/arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra234-p3767-0000-p3509-a02.dtb , and I edited hotplug in this file.

I found $JETSON_SOURCES/hardware/nvidia/platform/t23x/p3768/kernel-dts/tegra234-p3767-0000-p3509-a02.dts, and I edited this line #include “tegra234-dcb-p3767-0000-dp.dtsi”

I found pinmux file here …Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/t186ref/BCT/tegra234-mb1-bct-pinmux-p3767-hdmi-a03.dtsi , and edited pinmux for DP pinmux settings

I found gpio file here … Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/tegra234-mb1-bct-gpio-p3767-hdmi-a03.dtsi and edited GPIO to match DP pinmux settings

Are these the only edits required to convert from HDMI to DP display.

Then compile and copy new image to bootloader/Image

Can you tell me which other files from source folder (exact path and file name) to copy to each of these directories, L4T/kernel/dtb and the one under L4T/bootloader and L4T/bootloader/t186ref

Hi,

The process here still sounds not correct. Please describe what is the exact way you are doing these two things here…

I found dtb in source directory is $JETSON_SOURCES/kernel_out/arch/arm64/boot/dts/nvidia/tegra234-p3767-0000-p3509-a02.dtb , and I edited hotplug in this file.

I found $JETSON_SOURCES/hardware/nvidia/platform/t23x/p3768/kernel-dts/tegra234-p3767-0000-p3509-a02.dts, and I edited this line include “tegra234-dcb-p3767-0000-dp.dtsi”

If you still not get into the situation, let me use an example to describe what is your problem.

Your comment just sounds like

1. I found a executable binary here. So I somehow de-compile this binary back to code. And I added/removed something to this source code. Then I convert back it back to binary again.

2. I also found the original source code of this binary. I edited one file here. (and you didn’t tell us whether you compile this again or not)

Did you observe something weird in above cases? If you already had the original source code, why do you need to “convert a binary back”? This is what your comments sounds like now and that is the point I cannot understand.

Please be aware that this is just simple code compilation things. Not related to any jetson knowledge.

Hi Wayne, the problem is resolved, DP is now working, the problem was editing the wrong file location as you pointed out. Seems to be a lot of mis-communication here so apologies if my messages were not clear.

regards, rapidproto

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.