Orin NX Initrd Massflash Failure When SSD Isn't Inserted

Good afternoon.

We are flashing multiple Orin NX modules in our production facility with initrd massflash.

I generate the massflash using the following command:

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --no-flash --massflash 6 --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p "-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml --no-systemimg" --network usb0 custom_board_conf external 

This is the command we use for flashing:

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --flash-only --massflash 6 --showlogs --network usb0 

Previously, with older Jetpack versions, massflash would complete if SSD wasn’t inserted and it would finish with “error flashing non-QSPI storage”. With Jetpack 5.1 and Orin NX, if there is no external storage device connected, the flashing won’t commence and I get the following error:

Error: Could not stat device /dev/nvme0n1 - No such file or directory.
Flash failure
Cleaning up...

We just want to flash the internal QSPI/devices on the SOM.
We clone the SSD and rootfs using cloning devices. We don’t want to use usb to flash the SSD.

How can I use massflash without SSD inserted?

Looks like I’m able to get the desired behavior by generating the massflash blob with this command:

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --no-flash --massflash 6 -p "-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml --no-systemimg" --network usb0 custom_board_conf nvme0n1p1 

Now I can use massflash without SSD inserted

Glad to know issue resolved, thanks for your sharing.

May I ask you how rootfs can cloning into SSD ?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.