Orin NX Security

Dear all, I wanted to ask you if the Jetson Orin NX supports the following features:

1. SecureBoot
  2. OP-TEE
  3. Disk Encryption
  4. Secure Storage

Currently, in the last documentation here (OP-TEE: Open Portable Trusted Execution Environment — Jetson Linux Developer Guide documentation) for all the Security subsections is specified: Applies to the Jetson AGX Orin series, the Jetson Xavier NX series, and the Jetson AGX Xavier series.

Please confirm me if the Jetson Orin NX enables these features also.
Thanks for your help

hello evilinux,

all these Jetson security features may have not well tested, I was also checking with internal teams for security feature on Orin NX.

1 Like

Any news from the support ?

[EDIT] please see comment #9 for corrections.

Jetson Orin NX only support SecureBoot. it’s also mentioned in the developer guide, Security — Jetson Linux Developer Guide documentation

If I read the manual it tell me that the disk encyption is available for the Orin:

Can you please certify me that the disk encryption is not available for the Orin NX and nano ?

hello evilinux,

r35.4.1/ Orin NX do support with below features.

1. SecureBoot
  2. OP-TEE
  3. Disk Encryption
  4. Secure Storage

we’ve also test and confirmed disk encryption in this forum thread, Topic 264454.
let me correct my previous comments.

sudo ROOTFS_ENC=1 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh 
--showlogs --no-flash --external-device nvme0n1p1 -i ./ekb.key -c 
./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_t234_nvme_rootfs_enc.xml --external-only 
--append --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit external

Hi Jerry. this command just bring me to the command menu. Can you give me the right way to type this command? Thanks

let’s keep this thread Topic 270793 for following-up your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.