Orin System can't be restored

Check internally, feedback any update

Thanks, keep me posted.

For now, as a workaround, can you try Flashing Support — Jetson Linux<br/>Developer Guide 34.1 documentation

I think that maybe your systtem.img is bigger than the partition size in the partition layout. Can you change bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_l4t_t234_qspi_sdmmc.xml
APP partition’s allocation_attribute to 0x808 ?

Hi @lhoang

I checked the folder but didn’t see flash_l4t_t234_qspi_sdmmc.xml, did you mean flash_t234_qspt_sdmmc.xml?

Yeah that one

I modified that attribute to 0x808 and flashed to the board. It can flash but it will say system broken and can’t be installed. (I flashed the original system. Not the backed up one. Once i revert that field, it can install successfully. Please advise.

I’m also wondering are you able to replicate this issue on your end with same hardware? or this is a custom issue i’m facing? @lhoang @Jeffli

We are not able to replicate it but we do see some customers having this issue. If you dont mind, can you send us the system.img that cannot be restored?

Sure, here it is clone3.img - Google Drive

Please be aware, this image, if I flash it with a device that has system already installed, I can flash it successfully. I just can’t flash an empty device. So if you want to replicate, you need to make sure your device doesn’t have a system already installed. Right now it’s also very hard for me to keep on replicating. I only have limited new devices on my end. If i flashed once, i don’t know how to erase it. But i have tried 2 devices, it’s consistent behavior.

I explained how i flashed in both scenario above. Please check the screenshot

Hi @lhoang , any new progress?

Hi ysyyork,
please try patch Failed to sparse the raw to img due to the size of system.img.raw is not mulple of 4096 - #25 by WayneWWW mentioned, some user flashed successfully after patched

I tried, please see initial several replies above. it doesn’t work

With your image we are able to replicate it. Can you do this:

Change bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi_sdmmc.xml APP partition’s allocation_attribute to 0x808 and flash

sudo ./flash.sh -r orin mmcblk0p1

Like previously you have done but without reflashing the original image?

1 Like

Thanks, trying it now

It’s working!! Thanks a lot!

Will this bug be fixed in any future versions?

1 Like

We will try to incorporate this fix

ok, please keep us posted. Then i’ll use this hack at this moment. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.