ORIN's USB Type C port not detected on host PC

Hi Nvidia team,

We have a Nvidia Drive AGX Orin with us and are trying to flash it for the first time using the SDK manager.

We went through the document and found that, to flash the ORIN, we have to connect the LEFT USB type C in ORIN to a host PC, preferably at USB 3.1 port.

But, after connecting, the USB type C is not detected by the host PC. No update is shown in lsusb. However, if we connect to the USB debug port (USB micro B), then ttyACM0/1/2/3 will appear.

The connection is as follows:

The output of lsusb is as follows:

Can you let us know if we are missing anything.

Software Version
DRIVE OS 6.0.5

Target Operating System
Linux

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)

SDK Manager Version
other (2.0.0.11405)

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager

Dear @twinkle.sijo,
I don’t see NVIDIA device in the log.
Did you share the lsusb output after connecting both USB debug port and LEFT USB type C? If not, could you share that?

Also, do you notice any issue while flashing?

Ah … that lsusb output had only the USB type C connected.

The following image is the lsusb output when both the type C and USB debug ports are connected.

Also, do you notice any issue while flashing?

We have not flashed the ORIN till now. This is the first time we are trying to flash and I believe, we need ORIN’s USB type C port for that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Dear @twinkle.sijo,
Yes. You are right. Please connect micro usb debug port and LEFT USB type C port before flashing. The lsusb looks good. Please check flashing and let us know if you face any issue.

Any reason for using DRIVE OS 6.0.5? Please use latest release(DRIVE OS 6.0.8.1) if no dependency on DRIVE OS version

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.