OTA update on AGX Xavier

I have a AGX Xavier, which is running Deepstream4.0 applications. I want to upgrade it to deepstream 5.0. I thought there might be two ways to do it.

1. Installed deepstream 5.0 python, build it manually. I tried it, but got some failures when running sample application. Details below. I thought it might be due to some other packages are obsolete.
  2. Install debian packages with OTA update. Below link indicates how to do it.
    https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide%2Fquick_start.html%23wwpID0E0EB0HA

I haven’t tried way 2 because I’m worrying it may break the current working environment. Can anyone please confirm whether this way is safe, if it has some problem, is there any way to roll back?

Detail for way 1:

$ python3 deepstream_imagedata-multistream.py [video] /tmp/output_video
Frames will be saved in /tmp/output_video
Creating Pipeline

Creating streamux

Creating source_bin 0

Creating source bin
source-bin-00
Creating source_bin 1

Creating source bin
source-bin-01
Creating Pgie

Unable to create pgie
Creating nvvidconv1

Creating filter1

Creating tiler

Creating nvvidconv

Creating nvosd

Unable to create nvosd
Creating transform

Creating EGLSink

Atleast one of the sources is live
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “deepstream_imagedata-multistream.py”, line 408, in
sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
File “deepstream_imagedata-multistream.py”, line 331, in main
pgie.set_property(‘config-file-path’, “dstest_imagedata_config.txt”)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘set_property’

The OTA method does not remove your existing file. So maybe you could use it.

Thanks @WayneWWW for reply. OTA method is to upgrade some packages, right? When you said it does not remove existing file, do you mean it won’t overwrite the existing file? How it manage the package version?

In case I encounter some issues and want to roll back to the old version for all upgraded packages, is that possible and how?

By the way, how to know what L4T version on AGX Xavier? It was installed by someone else.

I meant it will not replace those files created by you in your rootfs. Your source code/ video / other data will keep as the same.

In case I encounter some issues and want to roll back to the old version for all upgraded packages, is that possible and how?

You meant downgrade from rel-32.4.2 to rel-32.3.1? This is not supported.

By the way, how to know what L4T version on AGX Xavier? It was installed by someone else.

cat /etc/nv_tegra_release

Older releases (from not too long ago) used “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release”. Newer releases (very recent releases) have release information via “dpkg -l | grep nvidia-l4t-core”.

Thanks @linuxdev, good to know it.