Our customer carrier board enters gnu grub after reboot

Dear nvidia team:
We tested an abnormal case on our customer’s board. Our customer carrier board enter gnu grub after reboot.Then it will wait 30S to enter the system.What’s the reason?Please help me to analyze and give me the solution.
Platform:orin nx 16G
Jetpack:5.1.1
Flash config:p3509-a02+p3767-0000.conf

Hi 592803276,

Are you using p3509 like custom carrier board for Orin NX 16G?

Are you using L4T R35.3.1 BSP package to flash your board? Or other OS distribution?
Please share the flash command and log for further check.

Yes

I use the sdkmanager to download all the BSP package including the rootfs.
Flash command:
sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p “-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml” --network usb0 p3509-a02+p3767-0000 nvme0n1p1

Please use the following command instead to flash your board.

$ sudo ADDITIONAL_DTB_OVERLAY_OPT="BootOrderNvme.dtbo" ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p "-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml" --showlogs --network usb0 p3509-a02+p3767-0000 internal

Can you solve this problem without flash board.

It was normal at the beginning, and the customer appeared in the process

Since the flash command is not correct so that I would suggest you could flash the board with the command I shared.

Do you mean that there’s no grub after flashing the board?
If so, do they have any modification to enable grub?

Do they refer to the UEFI Adaptation — Grub support to enable grub?

• We’ve been using this flash command for some time, and the system is working OK.So what’s the difference?
  • I don’t think they have the ability to change this. Is it possible that BOOTAA64.efi is replaced by recompiling uefi source code?We never chane to add grub support.

You should specify nvme0n1p1 instead of nvme0n1 for external SSD device.

Yes, do you have any customization in efi?

Yes.What can I do now?But I just ony disable the network function of uefi.I nerver add the grub support

Would you hit the grub issue before your custom modification?

How do you disable network function in UEFI?

This is the introduce from your website. Why you can do that here?

Okay, it seems both could work to flash the external NVMe drive.

Please help to answer above 2 questions.

I can still reproduce the problem on my side.The probability of this problem is relatively low. It all happens on the customer’s side.

diff.txt (10.8 KB)

Do you mean this issue is not 100% reproducible?
You should check the difference between yours and the customer’s.

By default, grub should not appear during boot up.
We never hit this issue on the devkit. It seems something has been modified by your customer.

In addition, I found that I could not find the bios version.After flashing, I found that there is no dmi directory under / sys/devices/virtual/. What’s the reason?

It seems not the expected result and it could be read on the devkit.

Are you using the L4T release BSP package with your custom change for the custom carrier board?
Or you are using 3rd party BSP package like yocto?

I download the all the L4T release BSP package from the sdkmanager for the custom carrier board.I didn’t download it from the website.Is there any difference?

SDKM should not work with custom carrier board but the BSP package from SDKM and website should be the same.

Do you have the devkit to compare the difference?

I have no devkit.In addition, I found that the startup menu reported a problem after flashing below.What’s the root cause?

麻煩你至少先用UEFI debug binary抓log才知道到底卡在哪裡
還有把關掉的debug print重新開起來
不然你只給一張截圖我們也只能瞎猜

1 Like