OUT OF FREQUENCY error while booting up the TX2 board.

I have installed the Jetpack 3.3 in TX2 after successfully installing and testing, TX2 is showing “OUT OF FREQUENCY” error while booting up and then the screen goes to no signal mode.

It sounds like the scan rate is too fast for that monitor in that mode. Can you describe the monitor and cabling, especially any adapters if not purely HDMI?

Normally the “EDID” data query from the monitor is how the driver determines what modes the monitor can use, and this is not available from something like the older 15-pin VGA D-Sub connector (most DVI can use EDID, but some cannot).

Do you have ssh or serial console access? If so, then after boot what do you see from:

sudo -s
cat `find /sys -name edid`
exit

Thanks for your prompt response.

The screen is connected through VGA to HDMI cable. I can not test these commands as the screen just showing OUT OF FREQUENCY after booting up on the black screen and then after some time it goes to the no signal mode. I like to mention that the same screen I have used earlier without any problem.

I was thinking to re-install the Jetpack 3.3, is it a good idea to apply?

VGA is not supported, and is the reason for the failure. In the old days VGA monitors required a “driver”, although it wasn’t really a driver…it was a list of monitor specifications such that the driver knew the limitations of the monitor.

In order to allow monitors to self-describe the EDID signal was added (HDMI, DisplayPort, and DVI with digital all have this…VGA does not). This is a single extra wire not available on VGA where the video card literally asks the monitor what its specifications are. That specification is then used to write the equivalent of what the old driver floppy contained. The TX2 HDMI has no means of adding external specifications for the monitor and can only work with EDID. You’ll have to try a non-VGA monitor.

Thanks for the support.

I used HDMI to VGA cable with another Monitor and also HDMI cable, in both cases it works well.

Video will have a preexisting or default mode. Unless a hot plug event is detected (and VGA doesn’t provide this) the mode will stay what it was previously (or the default if no previous mode was enabled). So…in technical terms…“you got lucky” :P .