Ov10640 on Orin

hi:
we are trying to bring up the OV10640 camera module in the Orin development board with the FPD Link iii interface (UB960 and UB953). The driver loaded successfully on the l4t 34.1.1 release,but we dont find the /dev/video node. the following figure shows the drive information:

please something advice for me,thanks!

You may need to review the device tree to figure the problem.

the driver has been able to load successfully and find video0, but when I test it with v4l2-ctl, I can’t receive data, dmesg log as follows:

Is the Skew calibration required to be enable? becuase the UB960 has no register for the skew.

Skew calibration is required if sensor or deserializer is using DPHY, and the output data rate is > 1.5Gbps.
An initiation deskew signal should be sent by sensor or deserializer to perform the skew calibration. If the deskew signals is not sent, the receiver will stall, and the capture will time out.
You can calculate the output data rate with the following equation:

• Output data rate = (sensor or deserializer pixel clock in hertz) * (bits per pixel) / (number of CSI lanes)

so the orin does not supported the ub960 for deserializers?

No, what I mean is if ub960 don’t send skew the output data rate must > 1.5Gbps
Check you pix_clk_hz and serdes_pix_clk_hz

Can you give me an example for pix_clk_hz and serdes_pix_clk_hz. thanks!

Check you device tree to check match below.

• Output data rate = (sensor or deserializer pixel clock in hertz) * (bits per pixel) / (number of CSI lanes)

Could you check to see the dts if there are any mistakes:
CSI_LANES=4

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.