Over voltage burns

I accidentally gave 25V to power input.
I think the overvoltage protection diod is burnt.
Can you send me diod part number and its place on board? Or any help for repairing the board?

You can find the part info in P2822 schematic and BOM in DLC.

1 Like

Note that VDD_SRC is connected to a number of components.

If there’s a TVS diode on the input, and it burned out, the components like the USB-C power controller and various switching regulators have seen the over-voltage. Some of them seem to be rated for 28V or 32V, but others are rated for 24V (the 0.8V regulator, for example,) and unless there’s specific lock-out or crow-bar circuitry on the board (I can only find power-off discharge at a quick look) then there may be other less obvious failures on the board.

Thank you, you are right. Probably 0.8V regulator is burnt. I do not find any over voltage protection circuit.
How can I be sure that the 0.8V regulator (apw7307 IC) is burnt ? Between which pins of IC should I search for short circuit?

What is “30.1B< 6.4B< 6.3H< 6.3A< 5.4E<” signs means in schematic ?

That are some taps of ECAD tool. For customer, no need to check that.

A burned chip doesn’t need to be a short circuit, it could just as easily be no-connect, or it could be malfunctioning in any of many ways.
Especially bad: If it’s a P-channel MOSFET regulator, and it failed in closed mode, then the 25V will have punched through the 0.8V regulator to whatever it was regulating. If something’s supposed to see 0.8V and instead sees 25V, then that, in turn, is likely to let out the magic smoke.
What is that 0.8V regulator driving? … looks like the actual 0.8V rail for the Jetson module? Seems like a bad omen.

Btw, my mistake, it’s a regulator with 0.807V reference, but it’s being used to generate the VDD_1V8 rail, so calling it “0.8V regulator” is misleading.

If you want to measure on the chip, get the datasheet from the web, and look at the package layout to find the pins you can probe to measure. At least it’s a lead type, so you CAN get a small enough probe on there – the XSON / QFN / DFN / BGA packages are essentially impossible unless you have pre-designed test points or the trace is on a surface layer and you can scrape off a bit of the solder resist … (without then cutting the trace.)

The first hit for “apw7307 datasheet” on Google game me this link, which seems reasonable: http://static6.arrow.com/aropdfconversion/826360be8de32303867981127dfc7dbeba0d1fcc/apw7307a1.pdf

You will note that I’m not saying “if you put 25V into it, and now it doesn’t boot, you will likely have to replace the entire kit,” but I’m thinking it pretty loudly in my head. I do, however, wish you the best of luck!