Overclocking via Software Need help Overclocking

I have an HP Pavilion a6242n, running Windows 7 Ultimate, with a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, originally it came with 3GB of ram and I purchased 4GB more, I had to take 1 GB out, so that puts me with 6 GB.
I thought that it was going to increase performance, but I do not see that much improvement. I downloaded all the Nvidia drivers and I noticed that there is a feature for overclocking. I am new to this and would like to know what risks or gains I would obtain by overclocking my machine?
Thank you
Mario

are you talking about improving your gaming performance? because you dont have a gaming graphics card, yours is designed for browsing the web, watching films and thats about it. more ram wont make a difference,

if you are taking about overclocking your processor then you shouldnt do that in software, you should do it in the BIOS but as your pc is a store bought one it probably isnt enabled in the BIOS.

basically, if you want more gaming performance you need a good graphics card, but you also need a powerful Power supply unit to power this.