- Orin Nano 8G Devkit Carrier Board
- Orin NX16G Module mounted on Carrier Board
- Jetpack 5.1.1 fresh Install
- PyTorch Object detection application
System runs fine in 25W mode.
System displays error message “System throttled due to Over-current.” in MAXN mode when PyTouch application ist running.
Jetson Power GUI shows 2.2A current in 25W mode and up to 3.2A current in MAXN mode.
We tried several power supplies:
- 45W (19V, 2.37A)
- 65W (19V, 3.42A)
- 90W (19V, 4.74A)
- How to get rid of this error? Can we increase the threshold value safely? Would we need a bigger cooling solution?
- Where is the hardware for the Power GUI located physically? Is it part of the module itself, or is it part of the carrier board? I’d like to have this feature in my own hardware.
- We are using an Orin NX module on an carrier board for an Orin Nano, which draws only half the power. Is this the root cause of this error message, or is it a module limitation?