P40 graphics mode support?

Were trying to get graphics mode (WDDM) with a P40 on an Windows Server Azure VM and am getting a "not supported" message. Is it not possible to put the P40 into graphics mode for remote rendering?
We are currently using M60’s which work great, but want to upgrade to the P40’s (or P100’s).

Thanks.

There is no modeswitch any more for Pascal boards. P40 needs at least GRID5.x to work and I assume this is not delivered in Azure yet.

Thanks for the response.
For our current purposes I’m not trying to virtualize the GPU’s for multi-user, just access them directly with DirectX 11/12 like with the M60’s. Does that still require GRID5?
Thanks.

Graphics support for P40 needs GRID5.0. Please try the latest drivers and test again.

Regards

Simon

I am having the same problem. Waited for latest driver v386.07, installed it, and the problem persists:
c:\\Program Files\\NVIDIA Corporation\\NVSMI>nvidia-smi -g 0 -dm 0
Unable to set driver model for GPU 0000C41F:00:00.0: Not Supported
Treating as warning and moving on.
All done.

This is on an ND6 Azure VM (Azure VM sizes - GPU - Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Docs)

If it should work (of course it should) please let me know what to check. Or please let me know what info to request from Microsoft if add’l info is needed. Host driver/ver, licensing, etc?

Thank you.

Hi,

you need to use the correct driver from the GRID portal. P40 requires licensing and you should create an account in our portal where you also get a trial license and the latest drivers (currently 5.2).

Klick on "Software Download"

Regards

Simon