$PATH .... "no such file or directory" on newly flashed Jetson Pack 4.3 on TX2

On a newly flashed a Jetson TX2 with JetsonPack 4.3 from an Ubuntu 18.04 host, something is wrong with the PATH env var out of the box:

Once I login to the newly flashed TX2, I drop into a terminal and type “$PATH” (w/o the double quotes) to see my path. Oddly enough, I get the following printout:

carlos@tx2:~$ $PATH
bash: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin: No such file or directory

I was not expecting “No such file or directory”. I checked all the directories (i.e. stuff in between colons) and they all exist. Remember, this is an out-of-the-box flashed system.

To make sure I flashed it correctly, I repeated the flashing three times and got the same result.

On the third time, I even compiled the kernel by following these steps w/o any avail.

The real reason this is a problem for me is that installing GoLang is futile because when I type

go

it can find the binary and I’m positive the binary is there:

carlos@tx2:~$ ls -l /usr/local/go/bin/go
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 13577060 Apr  8 12:28 /usr/local/go/bin/go
carlos@tx2:~$ 

Much appreciate any suggestions :) !!

Hi,

Actually it is not an issue.

If you just type “$PATH”, the system would just try to convert it to a command: “/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin:” and try to execute this command. Of course the bash cannot run such string as command.

You could also try this on other ubuntu host and you would also see same error… because it is not an issue. Just wrong usage.

Oh my, someone’s feeling really dumb – and IT’S NOT you :).

Thank you. I’ll try this tomorrow.

Thank you so much your quick reply.

I use “echo $PATH”. If you want to see everything: “printenv”.

SOLVED. All good now :) !! Thank you all.

The root cause were two user error mistakes: 1) forgot to connect the Ethernet cable (RJ45) when flashing --not related to this thread-- , and 2) I wasn’t displaying the contents of an environment variable correctly.