Pauses in smart record files

I am using smart record in a custom application which is based on deepstream-test3. I use RTSP sources and have sync=false on my sinks and live-source=1 on the streammuxer.
I have connected the smart record bin prior to decoding (exactly the same as in the deepstream-test5 sample).

I notice that in my recorded files there is often a small pause in playback. This pause seems to always occur around the Smart Record “startTime” value.

For example: If I have smart record (SR) configured with a startTime of 3 seconds. I get the pause around the 3s mark. If I configure SR with a startTime of 5 seconds I will get the pause at the 5 sec mark.
If I configure 10 sec as the startTime I get the pause at the 10 second mark.

So it looks like this pause is somehow linked to SmartRecords startTime parameter, which I believe is the queue size used inside the SR bin. Why would this be causing pauses and what would you suggest to get around it?

Here is a sample mp4 file showing the pause at approx 3s in: Dropbox - File Deleted

ps. I notice that if 3 or 4 files record one after the other - it seems to be only the first one that gets the pause.

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Nano, NX
• DeepStream Version 5.0GA

Hey Jason, could you point when the pause happen in the video?

It is only a very quick pause but definitely noticeable especially in scenes with vehicles moving. Watch the video and you will see the pause around the 3 - 4 seconds point. Keep you eye on the person and you’ll see the freeze.

I can also confirm that if I set the startTime value to 0 I don’t get these pauses in my recorded files.

@bcao did you manage to spot the pause in the file and have any idea what could be causing it? Its definitely related to the queue used to hold the SR startTime buffers.
Its kind of like when the queue is emptied, something is happening causing buffers to be lost…

Yeah, we’r checking internally.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Hey Jason,
We don’t observe this issue from our SQA side. May I know if you tried this using deepstream-test5 app, can you share me the config and change if test5 can repro?