DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hello NVIDIA Team,

In reviewing the latest documents released, I have a question in regards to the information posted on this page in regards to P3710. The link shown in Orange is a PCIe link that goes to a B2B connector. I was interested in to find out if that PCIe link connects both Switch-1 (Oak) and Switch-2 (Spruce) together? I.e. is that PCIe link meant to allow for data form oak to appear on the interface MGBE_C3 or is that link routed to another peripheral? i wanted to confirm this to make sure that the only path we currently see between the two switches is the single 100Mbps link, but if the PCIe is connected that would provide a higher speed path between the two switches.

thanks,

Thank you for your question about the PCIe connection on P3710. Can you please provide more background on your project and why you need this information? This will help us better understand your needs and provide more relevant assistance. Thank you.

Hello VickyNV,

Understood, my question is more to understand what this connection is routed to (i.e. is there a way for us to route all of the traffic from SWITCH-1 to SWITCH-2 to be on a single XFI interface to Orin. we have a number of connections (10) but we are no where near the full 10Gbps limit of the XFI interface. The thought would be to route the traffic from SWITCH-1 through P11 to P11 on SWITCH-2 to route all of the traffic through MGBE-C3 - this would be on a custom design potentially in the future (right now this is trying to prove this works on the DevKit if at all possible).

This allows us to free up an extra MGBE interface for another high speed interface. We wanted to test this on the DevKit to understand if this is feasible to test.

Thanks,

The PCIe links from both Oak/Switch-1 and Spruce/Switch-2 are connected to a connector for another board that is not available to you. Therefore, the PCIe links do not connect between the switches. The only means of connection between the switches is the 100 Mbps link. Thanks.

Great thanks for clarifying and resolves this question. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.