PCIe switch fw update for external host to connect both GPUs

Hello,

I have been trying to make both GPUs visible to external x86 host via miniSAS connector.

I have been told to upgrade the pcie switch, but I have some questions.

Do I need to flash both switch 1 and switch 2? What configuration should I use? My current setup has configuration 0x40044001 for Switch-1, FW version 01, 08, 0, Build D58.

From NVIDIA DRIVE AGX System High Level Block Diagram, looks like GPUs are connected to Switch-2, however miniSAS ports are connected to Switch-1. The only component between Switch-1 and Switch-2 COM Express. I am wondering however GPU traffic is routed to miniSAS?

Per flashing docs, section ‘Prerequisites for Flashing PM8533 PCIE Switch 2’, it says: “NOTE: Currently this is only supported on internal AURIX firmware.”.
How do I know if we have internal AURIX firmware or not? If not, from where can I get one?

Per docs, after the AURIX setup, ttyUSB15 can access Switch-2, but how do I get it back to access Switch-1?

Thanks a lot for you help!

Dear ranchen,

The miniSAS ports are for connecting to Xavier via PCIe Switch-1, not for accessing the dGPU SXM2 modules. The only way for X86 to access the dGPU modules via PCIe is through COM EX Type-7 connector. Thanks.

Hmm…that’s interesting because I was told by one of the Nvidia engineers to access GPU via miniSAS.

Anyhow, do you have any recommendation on the COM EX Type-7 connector?
Looks like I can only access it via 10G RJ45 port?
Do I need to flash pcie switch2, since it sits between GPUs and COM EX?

Thank you!

Dear ranchen,

Could you please refer to the following link for the question? Thanks.
[url]DRIVE OS Linux

Hi Steve, I am not familiar with this COM Express module (is there even a module installed in the box by default?), could you please point me to some references? I went through the NIC firmware update doc but had no clues why do I need to update it.

Thank you!