PGF90-S-0038-Symbol, tan, has not been explicitly declared

Hi,

I am trying to compile a code with pgf90 and mpi. I get this error that dopes mot make much sense to me:

PGF90-S-0038-Symbol, tan, has not been explicitly declared (passa_plane.f90)
0 inform, 0 warnings, 1 severes, 0 fatal for ref_nlay3

tan should be an intrinsic, no?

Thanks, Jan

Hi Jan,

Can you post an example code that causes the problem? While tan is an intrinsic, users can override intrinsics by declaring their own variables with the same name. I’m wondering if you have tan declared in a different part of the code, and some how the compiler isn’t resetting that tan is an intrinsic rather than a user defined variable. Though, without an example, this is just a guess. Also, what version of the compiler are you using?

Thanks,
Mat

Well, it’s a fairly long and complicated code. It does compile fine with the Intel compiler and I did not use “tan” in any other way. I’ll try to isolate the problem a bit more.

Thanks, Jan

Hi Jan,

You can also send the full source to PGI Customer service (trs@pgroup.com) and ask them to forward it to me.

• Mat

Thanks Mat, I sent it.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Looks like the issue is that you’re passing a complex value to TAN. Since only real types are allowed with the TAN intrinsic, the compiler is assuming that your TAN is a user define function.

Hope this helps,
Mat