PGI Community 19.10 Upgrade

Hello,

My pgi-community is expired and I am going to use the new version 19.10. I am wondering if there would be any way to upgrade the previous version instead of installing the new one? Thanks.

Hi SciProgEng,

Sorry, but I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking since 19.10 would be the upgrade for the previous 2019 releases. We don’t go back and make patch releases (which might be what you mean) but instead put new features and bug fixes in later versions.

Note that you may consider moving to using the NVIDIA HPC Compiler which is the successor to the PGI compiler. 20.4 was the last PGI release and 20.5 the first HPC Compiler release. Like the PGI Community Edition, there’s no cost for the HPC Compilers.

Hope this helps,
Mat

Hi Mat,

Thanks for your reply. I have upgraded my pgi to 19.10. Actually, when I use “cmake -DCMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER=pgfortran …”, pgi gives me error saying that “Corrupt or Old Module file” implying that the vtk modules are not acceptable. Can you please help me with this error?

You’ll need to rebuild all dependent modules and libraries. We typically don’t break module compatibility between minor releases, but between major releases it may occur so rebuilding dependencies may be required.

1 Like